Yorktown Crew Fundraising
The YHS crew team depends on fundraisers to help cover the cost of equipment, such as oars and shells; boat storage fees; insurance; and other essential items. Our fundraising activity also helps keep down the costs to individual rowers and their families.
- The holiday wreath sale is the largest fundraiser in support of Yorktown Crew. Sales are happen Oct 20 – Nov 15, 2022! A portion of the proceeds benefits our Yorktown rowers. Athletes have the opportunity to sell wreaths and earn points. Rowers selling 20 wreaths will receive $200 off registration fees! Click here to purchase a wreath!
- Erg Relays is an erg relay fundraising event hosted by Yorktown Crew one morning in January. Local schools are invited to attend. It provides some of the first of the season erg racing and is a great trial before Erg Sprints.
- Erg-a-thon also known as “Crew for the Cure”, is a fundraiser in which YHS rowers get sponsors and solicit donations. YHS rowers come throughout the day and row in shifts and log their meters. YHS donates 10% of all money raised to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.
- Amazon Smile: Please help keep Yorktown Crew afloat by making all of your Amazon purchases through the Amazon Smiles Program. Please go to smile.amazon.com and register to support Yorktown Crew #7066179. For each purchase via Amazon Smiles, Amazon will give Yorktown Crew a portion of the proceeds. It’s an auto-magic way to help out!
- Harris Teeter: Link your Harris Teeter card to benefit Yorktown Crew. VIC cards need to be linked annually. You can go online and connect your card (search for 1486 YORKTOWN HS CREW BOOSTERS when prompted), or when shopping at Harris Teeter, ask your checkout attendant to please link your card. It’s very easy and is a hassle-free way to help keep our rowers afloat!
Contributions to Yorktown Crew Boosters, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, are 100% tax deductible. Our Federal Tax ID Number is 23-7066179.