Yorktown Crew Fundraising
The YHS crew team depends on fundraisers to help cover the cost of equipment, such as oars and shells; boat storage fees; insurance; and other essential items. Our fundraising activity also helps keep down the costs to individual rowers and their families.
- The holiday wreath sale is the largest fundraiser in support of Yorktown Crew. Rowers begin selling wreaths in mid-October. A portion of the proceeds goes to the boosters. Athletes are responsible for selling wreaths or paying the wreath buy-out fee.
- Ergathon: Yorktown rowers sign-up to row on ergs in 30-minute shifts during the event, which is held during March. A portion of our proceeds go to charity.
- Yorktown Relays: Joined by local high schools, this fun, Yorktown-hosted event is an indoor rowing competition on ergs, usually held in February.
- Amazon Smile: Please help keep Yorktown Crew afloat by making all of your Amazon purchases through the Amazon Smiles Program. Please go to smile.amazon.com and register to support Yorktown Crew #7066179. For each purchase via Amazon Smiles, Amazon will give Yorktown Crew a portion of the proceeds. It’s an auto-magic way to help out!
- Harris Teeter: Link your Harris Teeter card to benefit Yorktown Crew. VIC cards need to be linked annually. You can go online and connect your card (search for 1486 YORKTOWN HS CREW BOOSTERS when prompted), or when shopping at Harris Teeter, ask your checkout attendant to please link your card. It’s very easy and is a hassle-free way to help keep our rowers afloat!