- Training & More
- Venues & Directions
- Winter Conditioning
- Spring Break Training
- Off Season Opportunities
- Season Highlights
- 2014 - 2015
- 2013 - 2014
- 2012 - 2013
- 2011 - 2012
- 2010 - 2011
- 2009 - 2010
- 2008 - 2009
Sandy Run Regional Park (Occoquan Reservoir)
10450 Van Thompson Road
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
From I-95 South:
- Continue on I-95 South until exit # 163, VA-642 and Lorton.
- Turn right on to Lorton Road at end of exit ramp, merge into left lane.
- At Y split, bear right on to Furnace Road, cross narrow one-lane bridge. (Don’t worry if you miss this split as Lorton Road also ends at 123, so you come to the same point just a little farther away from the regatta site.)
- Turn right at stoplight on to VA-123 North/Ox Road.
- Continue on Rt. 123 for just under 1.5 miles, turn left at stoplight on to VA-647/Hampton Road (there is a fire station at this intersection making the turn hard to miss).
- After just under 1 mile, bear left on to Van Thompson Road.
- Road turns sharp left shortly thereafter; generally there is a police car at the this intersection and just past the turn volunteers will be collecting the regatta parking fee.
- Follow directions to parking lots or to the athlete drop-off location.
- See also this link for information about Occoquan regattas.